TREC Training Workshop fellows will be appointed for a one-year term, beginning with the week-long in-person Training Workshop followed by 12-months of mentored guidance by a course faculty member. Fellows will join a scholarly network of peer fellows, course faculty, and investigators from the prior TREC initiative. Through this experience and via connections with the wider community of TREC-inspired researchers, fellows will develop their own transdisciplinary expertise and increased scholarly output in TD science in energetics and cancer. Each fellow will receive:
- One week, on-site training at the Water’s Edge Resort in Westbrook, Connecticut - a partner satellite conference venue with Yale University.
- Travel to and accommodations at the Training Workshop will be provided – all costs are covered except for ground transportation.
- Monthly, long-distance, mentoring with an expert TREC researcher who serves as faculty with the TREC Training Workshop to help craft a competitive research proposal in transdisciplinary research in energetics and cancer
- Networking with other fellows and faculty to produce scholarly products
- a Ph.D., MD, and/or equivalent degree in such field(s) as epidemiology, public health, oncology, internal medicine, cancer biology, or similar related field(s)
- Expressed interest in energetics and cancer research
- Optional: Prior experience writing/co-writing an NIH proposal or one to another federal agency or foundation